Wellmont Health System’s Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, Jan. 28, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., East Tennessee State University, D.P. Culp University Center, Johnson City
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, 7 a.m.-noon, BAE Systems, Kingsport
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., East Tennessee State University, D.P. Culp University Center, Johnson City
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Blountville
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2:30-7:30 p.m., St. Anne’s Catholic Church, Bristol, Va.
- Thursday, Jan. 31, 7-10 a.m., Virginia Department of Transportation, Bristol, Va.
- Thursday, Jan. 31, 2-6 p.m., Food City, St. Paul, Va.
- Friday, Feb. 1, 8 a.m.-noon, Strongwell, Bristol, Va.
- Friday, Feb. 1, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., AGC Flat Glass-Greenland, Church Hill
- Friday, Feb. 1, 4-7 p.m., Fall Branch Volunteer Fire Department, Fall Branch
- Saturday, Feb. 2, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
- Sunday, Feb. 3, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., St. Dominic’s Catholic Church, Kingsport
As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood – and an individual’s blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Donors with O-negative blood types are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.